Times mentioned in the headings are departure times from Southern Cross station, make allowances if you are getting on at a later station.
How to list yourself
If you are catching a train from Melbourne to Ballarat and want to meet up on the train or share a taxi to your hotel, list yourself under the appropriate departure with your contact details, eg:
- Joe Bloggs, firstname.lastname@example.org, staying on campus, anyone want to play cards on the train?
Sunday 15th January 2012
The Conference Organisers have arranged busses to meet every scheduled arrival of the Melbourne-Ballarat train into Ballarat train station on Sunday 15th
Arrives at 09:40
- Bianca Gibson - email@example.com - attending open programming and hacksen miniconfs, intending to talk and do whatever comes up and seems fun/interesting after registering. Staying on campus.
- Jenny and Adam Bolte
- Aeriana - arriving 7:35am on CountryLink from Sydney
- Peter Hardy. Also on the 7:35 CountryLink from Sydney, and desperately hoping it's not too late.
Arrives at 10:50
Arrives at 11:55
- (Mathew McBride - matt[at]mcbridematt.dhs.org - arriving 11:45 on Geelong->Ballarat V/Line bus. Can share a cab to college with anyone arriving on the train at 11:55)
- David Barr, firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrives at 13:30
- George Patterson, george[dot]patterson(a)gmail.com, staying on Campus, attending he Arduino miniconf and happy to talk tech. I'll probably be feeling like a walk after checking in.
- Spiro Harvey, spiro/a/oldschool.geek.nz, staying on campus.
- Daniel Harmsworth, atrophy [at] caffeinator [dot] net, Staying on campus, Electronics, control and real-time systems geek with a severe addiction to all things CAD, CAM and CNC. Also attending the Arduino miniconf as a volunteer.
Arrives at 14:50
- Dan Hawke
- Karen Sandler
- Selena Deckelmann
Arrives at 16:34
- Daniel Black (on campus)
Arrives at 17:30
- Brian May, email@example.com, staying on Campus.
- Tod Thomson, staying on Campus.
- Mark Tearle, firstname.lastname@example.org, Staying on Campus
- Angus Kidman (staying on campus)
- Angus Gratton (staying on campus, what are the odds of two Anguses on the same train?)
- Daniel Bryan (staying on campus)
- Daniel Mateos email@example.com Train to Ballarat after Drupal Downunder, Staying on campus. (got to station early)
Arrives at 18:32
- Monica Wood and Karl Goetz. We are getting the Train to Ballarat after Drupal Downunder.
- Michael Wheeler, firstname.lastname@example.org. Chillin. Maybe some openttd (multiplayer anyone?) (staying on campus)
- Jack Scott - will be playing OpenTTD with mwheeler. (staying on campus)
- James Beake email@example.com. Staying on campus. DDU > Train
- Daniel Mateos firstname.lastname@example.org Train to Ballarat after Drupal Downunder, Staying on campus.
- Taylor Johnson (email@example.com). DDU to LCA, staying on campus.
- Jordan Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). DDU to LCA, staying on campus.
Arrives at 19:29
- Philip Derrin and Sara Falamaki
- Anne Day
Arrives at 20:28
- Benjamin Humphrey - email@example.com / @humphreybc. Staying on campus!
- Wai Keen - doubleukay[at]doubleukay.com ; staying on campus
- Andrew Pam - staying on campus.
- Brianna Laugher (I realise it's probably taxi time.)
There is a luggage storage facility at Ballarat station - you need to buy a token for $2.50 at the ticket office. That provides quite a reasonable sized locker that uses a key. It will be open over the weekend, you might want to call (03) 5337 8609 for more accurate times.