- For people interested in a casual, short run with like-minded geeks during LCA. I'm looking for short, half-hour runs, around 5km.
- WHEN Tuesday 17th, Thursday 19th, Saturday 21st. Leaving around 7am
- WHERE Meet in the carpark by the hall entrance. Somewhere around the marker on the map.
A loop around the campus is about 4km. Google Street View suggests that this entire route has footpaths, with quality varying from paved to wide dirt track.
Expressions of interest
- Peter Hardy: I'm "organising" this thing. Can by identified in a running context as "that dude in the Vibram five fingers and humerous t-shirt". My 5km pace is around 35 minutes.
- Selena Deckelmann 16:22, 5 January 2012 (UTC): Would love to go as well. Not very many distinguishing characteristics. Have black running hat. Prefer early morning runs, but will take what I can get. :)
- Brianna Laugher at a 35-40 min pace
- Michael Davies Early morning runs are best for me, even though I'll struggle to get out of bed given the late nights that are typical for LCA
- Steve Hanley I'm a machine. Bring on some fast runs. (I wonder if MRD wrote that, I will have running shoes with me, and a mountain bike), exercise is fun.
- Lincoln Smith I'll be staying lakeside (which is a lovely 6km loop IIRC), but can get to wherever easily enough. Recovering from a foot injury so pace/distance is a little uncertain at the moment, but no pain running this morning (13th Jan) so looking up. Like Steve I'll also have some bikes with me.
- Jeff Stiff: will try to keep with the pace, am usually around 3km/30 min, but will see how I go.
- Rodger Donaldson I am slow and unfit, but I can trundle around 4 km in 25-30 minutes. I want to level up Fitocracy this week 8).
- Jamie Wilkinson I'm in. 5.45 minutes per km. 6:30 if I'm hungover. :)